Please Read Our Disclaimer
WCL Capital Group Inc
Location: Toronto, ON
Sector: Real Estate.
WCL Capital is a group of mortgage organisations consisting of both brokering and lending, with a focus on private funds and an upcoming release of a mobile app platform aiming to disrupt the traditional mortgage brokerage industry.
WCL Capital Group is a fast-growing mortgage service provider focused primarily on the alternative and private lending market segments. Operating out of Toronto, Canada we are ready to scale across North America.
The Approvified mobile app for realtors aims to disrupt the traditional mortgage brokerage industry by empowering realtors to offer their clients’ a more streamlined home buying process. The target market for Approvified is the nearly 2M realtors across North America. In addition, Approvified is an organic outgrowth of WCL’s existing brokering and lending operations, meaning increased lead generation and conversion opportunities for the company as a whole
• Timing – Filling a niche that is unmet
• Execution – Proven ability to originate loan applications from both mortgage brokers and borrowers directly – focused and positioned for growth (office, salesforce, etc); management has experience leading exponential growth of companies
• Fintech – Large investor demand for new fintech opportunities, especially ones with disruptive potential
• Highly trained sales team
• Intuitive technology that ensures a fantastic user experience
• Well recognized brands in each target vertical
• Scalable sales & marketing engine
• Committed management and key staff
• Competition for client’s attention constantly increases amongst banks & other fintech start-ups. Approvified is uniquely designed to be a realtor’s tool, as the realtor remains by far the average homebuyer’s most trusted advisor during a purchase. Realtors also have a much higher likelihood of becoming a repeat/subscribing user.
• Top notch User Experience and User Interface design
• Existing back end capability as both a lender and a broker to handle the high volume of deal flow generated by the app.
• A true equity lender that isn’t under the purview of OSFI and the increasing regulatory burden that has increasingly limited the lending activities of financial institutions.
• A conservative loan-to-value of <60% across the portfolio, and an average credit score of 620
• A recognized and dependable brand within the mortgage brokerage community
• A mortgage brokerage solely focused on the private lending and alternative market segment.
• Internal processes and systems designed to allow a central sales and underwriting hub to scale rapidly – no franchise fragmentation or undependable mobile agents.
•A highly trained sales team with the unique skill set required to deal with private clients.
•A recognized brand amongst consumers through strategic and widespread advertising
Nima Ahmadpour, President & CEO
10 years in mortgage business
10 years as corporate executive running 500+ team with revenues exceeding $100M/year, handling American Express, Chase, and Bank of America accounts receivables
Schulich School of Business
Cameron Brown, VP of Operations
4 years in mortgage business
Responsible for portfolio management and lending decisions for $35M private MIC prior to joining WCL
Real estate investor with over 30 rental units in portfolio
Prior to entering mortgage business, project manager for major Toronto land development firm with over 3,500 units in various stages of development
University of Toronto
University of Aberdeen (doctoral research)