Please Read Our Disclaimer
Vitex Nutrition Ltd.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Vitex Nutrition Ltd. is a specialty nutraceutical company focused on developing safe and effective natural therapies to manage the symptoms associated with serious health concerns such as Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), chronic bronchitis, cardiovascular health, type 2 diabetes, age related macular degeneration, cognitive function, osteoporosis, arthritis and others.
Research based formulas – Formulas based on the active ingredient and the required amount to give therapeutic benefit as shown in the research. Many competitive products usually add only token amounts of the active ingredients to keep the price low, but these formulas have no research to support their claims.
Pioneer the use of DR caps – DR caps provide a substantial improvement in bio-availability as they resist stomach acid which can render inert many active ingredients, by delivering the active ingredients directly to the small intestine intact.
Use only heat-free, solvent-free technology. – Many OEM companies still use outdated heat and solvent processing in their manufacturing. Vitex only uses OEM companies with the latest Heat-free, solvent-free technology and this will be a feature of the proposed new Vitex manufacturing facility.
Will be the first Canadian company to introduce Vegan soft capsules for its oil based formulas. – In cooperation with ER Kang, a Chinese pharmaceutical company, Vitex has obtained the first Health Canada NPN numbers for Vitamin E and Omega 3-6-9 using the starch based material patented by ER Kang.
Limited availability of research proven natural nutraceutical formulas to manage many serious health concerns in the market- Vitex has been granted 31 Health Canada approved (NPN) formulas to manage several serious health concerns.
Most prescription drugs have serious side effect for many people – Vitex formulas have minor or no side effects and can be used safely by most people.
Prescription drugs are very expensive, in the case of Humira as high as CDN $40,000 per year – C-NAG, an approved effective alternative is about CDN 625.00 per year.
In the “Health Food” sector there are a myriad of unproven formulas with exaggerated, misleading, or false claims. – All Vitex formulas are based on published research in peer reviewed journals and are licensed by Health Canada to make substantiated claims.
There is poor quality control in the Health Food sector – All Vitex formulas are manufactured in a Canadian GMP manufacturing facility with a Health Canada “Site License”. All active ingredients are sourced and purchased by Vitex and supplied to the OEM for encapsulating and /or tableting to avoid any substitution of inferior quality ingredients. Vitex plans to build a “State of the Art” manufacturing facility to build prestige in the Vitex Brand
Barrie Carlsen, President
Barrie Carlsen is a health and nutrition expert who has achieved the following:
- Established Quest Vitamins in 1976, a Vancouver based vitamin supplement company that became one of the most technologically advanced vitamin manufacturing companies in the world. Quest Vitamins (UK) Ld was incorporated as a 60% of Quest Canada.
- In January 1993 he sold Quest Vitamins to Boehringer-Ingelheim Canada Ltd a German Pharmaceutical giant. Quest (UK) was purchased by local management.
- In May 1994, Mr. Carlsen was asked to accept a nomination for the first annual Canadian Entrepreneur of the year awards.
- In August 1997, Mr. Carlsen founded Enerex Botanicals Ltd, Enerex specializes in high quality nutritional supplements, many of the Quest and Enerex products developed by Mr. Carlsen are still market leaders.
- In March 1999, Mr. Carlsen was inducted to the Candian Health Food Association’s “Pioneer Hall of Fame” in honor of his innovative work in the industry.
- July 27, 2011, Mr. Carlsen incorporated Vitex Nutrition Ltd, in the province of BC.
Bao Chau Tran , Vice President
Ms. Tran is a businesswoman with many years of professional experience in the manufacturing sector in Vietnam. She is a Permanent Resident of Canada and is a majority shareholder and director in Vitex. Ms. Tran manages Vitex Nutrition Vietnam Ltd. Her work experience is listed below:
- Vitex Nutrition Vietnam Co. Ltd. – Mar 2013 – Present. Managing Director.
- Buu Lan Trading Service Co. Ltd – May 2007 – Aug 2009. Vice Director.
- Quoc Lan Establishment – Jan 2006 – Apr 2007. Deputy Director
Jimmy S.H. Chang, Director
Jimmy Chang has an extensive background in the analytical, manufacturing and management in the Canadian food and nutraceutical industry. He has a Technical Diploma in biomedical electronics engineering from BC Institute of Technology in 1974 and his work experience is as follows:
- NHP Laboratories, Burnaby BC. – 2009 – Present. President
- Siliker JR Laboratories ULC – 2007 – 2009. Director
- JR Laboratories & IRI Separation Technologies – 1988 – 2007. President & CEO of JR Laboratories and Director of IRI Technologies