Please Read Our Disclaimer
Location: Austin, Texas
As featured on the A&E hit reality show “Shipping Wars”, privately-held uShip (www.uShip.com) is a the world’s first and largest online shipping marketplace. uShip’s platform has enabled millions of customers and businesses to ship almost any category of large items such as freight, household goods, vehicles, and heavy equipment.
uShip’s dynamic spot marketplace allows customers to review and book with hundreds of thousands of transportation providers that can range from independent owner-operators to the world’s largest fleets, carriers and freight brokers.
Founded in 2003, uShip is headquartered in Austin, TX but operates globally with localized sites in 19 countries and regions on six continents. uShip is backed by the world’s most prestigious VC’s (Benchmark Capital, Kleiner-Perkins) and DB Schenker, the world’s third largest 3PL (2015).
- 2014 revenue: $139 MM
- 2015 revenue: $160 MM
- 2016 revenue: $178 MM
- Revenue growth rate: 11.3%
- Employee growth rate: 9%
- Jim Martell, who has been the Chairman of multiple extremely successful logistics companies, has recently become Chairman of the Board.
Total funding raised to date is $52.8 MM
- June 2005: Benchmark invests $2.7 MM
- October 2006: Benchmark and DAG Ventures invests $5.1 MM
- February 2011: Benchmark invests $2 MM
- December 2012: Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers (KPCB) invests $18 MM
- February 2017: Db Schenker Rail (UK) Limited invests $25MM
- uShip, the logistics technology company, today announced it has launched an in-home delivery service for e-commerce merchants selling large, heavy goods online.
- The company also says its delivery volume has doubled over the past three years.
- uShip’s successful pilot program with online seller Everything But The House (EBTH), the world’s premier online marketplace for authenticated second-hand items, and other e-commerce merchants processed over 12,000 fixed-price furniture deliveries to customers across the United States.
- Partners reported cutting delivery costs by nearly 50 percent, and reducing transit times by up to 65 percent, from 4-6 weeks to just 14 days.
- On uShip, a new shipment is posted every 20 seconds
- uShip’s less-than-truckload (LTL) instant rate platform has seen 52 percent annual transaction growth.
- Since 2004, uShip’s marketplace has facilitated the delivery of more than 2.2 million oversized items.