Please Read Our Disclaimer
Current Water Technologies Inc.
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Sector: Clean Tech
Current Water Technologies Inc. (CWTI) is a technology developer and manufacturer of next-generation patented water treatment systems. CWTI is a Canadian owned and operated company. With its roots in R&D, CWTI has developed two disruptive patented water treatment technologies.
- The company provides innovative pumping solutions for the management of water and other liquids.
- CWTI is a publicly traded company with offices in Guelph and Oakville, Ontario.
- Current Water Technologies has recently merged with Pumptronics. The combined entity has a sales forecast of $5.5 million in 2017, growing to $29.5 million in 2019
- Current Water’s patented AmmEL system removes dissolved ammonia from industrial and municipal water including wastewater, storm water, sewage effluent and mine waste water.
- Its self-cleaning electrochemical reactor converts total ammonia directly to gaseous nitrogen without producing the carcinogen nitrate and the greenhouse gas, nitrous oxide. Responsible management of ammonia inhibits the proliferation of algae and improves water quality of receiving water bodies.
- As opposed to conventional biological processes, AmmEL’s electrochemically based systems can operate in sub-zero temperatures and thus enables responsible management of ammonia in northern regions of the globe year-round.
- Electro-static deionization is a proven electrochemical process that effectively lowers the concentration of total dissolved solids (TDS) in water.
- Cost-effective, ESD utilizes the principles of capacitive deionization based on our patented technology to treat water that contains arsenic, nitrate, fluoride, perchlorate, ammonia, sulfate, metals or other ionic compounds.
Sales – each company has sales potential or existing clients in the oil & gas, municipal, commercial and mining markets; these markets provide opportunities for co-selling and co-development of new products/sales
Finance – blending the companies provides the opportunity to share financial staff resources and to add a senior financial resource (Chief Financial Officer), thereby increasing the financial oversight
Automation – each company has automation and programming staff, whose intellectual capital can be expanded to enhance the development of cross-market solutions for clients
Manufacturing – adding manufacturing volume can create efficiencies in production, increase purchasing power and streamline processes for both companies, and enable CWTI accelerate the commercialization timeline
Service – Pumptronics has a full service team, which is a critical selling feature in both companies; this team can install and service water treatment equipment/pumping solutions for both companies, thereby supporting sales and creating operational efficiencies
Capital Markets and Expansion – Having senior personnel with extensive financial acumen, together with an established broker and institutional network in Canada and the USA, facilitates access to capital markets for expansion activities within North America and internationally
Excellent Investment Opportunity – growing recurring revenue stream, coupled with sales of blue-sky technology, represents an attractive investment opportunity
The combined entity represents a cash flow positive company with a base line revenue stream with significant growth potential ($11M pipeline of projects) and blue sky revenue potential related to two patented disruptive water treatment technologies
Dr. Gene Shelp, President and CEO (ENPAR), CEO (CWTI)
Dr. Gene Shelp is co-founded ENPAR and has served as President and Chief Executive Officer since its inception in February 1996. His foundational geochemical research (1991) led to a patented, innovative electrochemical technology for preventing acid mine drainage (AMD), a major problem facing mining industries worldwide.
- Co-founder of Current Water Technologies Inc.
- A geoscientist with 30 years of water quality and general environmental experience associated with the operation and decommissioning of industrial and municipal facilities
- More than 25 years of public company management experience
- Author of 27 patents
- Raised over $20m to support technology development and growth of CWTI
Ron Hrynyk, President (CWTI)
- More than 35 years of experience raising capital and sourcing acquisitions and strategic partners for firms across a variety of industries
- Served on the board of a number of privately held companies
- A catalyst behind a number of financings, including the launch of Goldman Sachs Income Builder Fund ($107M fund), ANB Canada ($80M company), and was Chairman of Monarch Wealth ($1B in Assets)